Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training is intended to help deepen your understanding about yourself and your child. It is also intended to help build a lasting bond and commitment for families experiencing adoption or guardianship through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (DCS). Through ASAP|GSAP and the State of Tennessee, this training is offered at no charge to pre-adoptive and guardianship parents. Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training was developed to help families begin their adoption and guardianship journey feeling well prepared for their lifetime commitment.
Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training Curriculum Explores:
- Expectations & motivations
- Fears & concerns
- Understanding self in the adoption and guardianship process
- Understanding triggers for parents and children
- Attachment & attunement for the child
- Understanding trauma & survival behaviors
- Attachment parenting; avoiding ruptures in the attachment relationship
- Claiming and belonging
- Enhancing family communication skills & increasing family fun & support
Who Can Attend? Any DCS or Provider Foster Parent who plans to adopt or is assuming guardianship of a child in DCS custody.
Have Questions or Want to Learn More About Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training?
For more information and scheduling please contact us at Harmony Family Center by phone at 865.982.5225 or via email at email@example.com.